More and more people suffer from insomnia occasionally. Sleep is essential for life and is the basis for numerous physiological and psychological functions. If you want to fall asleep more effectively to sleep more and, above all, better, take note of these tips.
Also Read: The best hairstyles to hide frizzy hair
A reduction in the quality of sleep can influence not only fatigue and lack of energy, but also our weight, appetite, physical activity or the regulation of body temperature. To get better sleep , feel good every day, and have energy, a healthy diet where these foods are present is essential. Keep reading and find out what they are.
How to boost melatonin
Melatonin is a hormone that is produced during the dark phase of the day. Its main function is to promote sleep by regulating the circadian rhythm. Since it is distributed throughout the body, its action extends to most organs of the human body.Melatonin is a hormone that is synthesized from the essential amino acid tryptophan. In previous phases, tryptophan is transformed into serotonin, a neurotransmitter also known as “humor or happiness hormone” and related to healthy sleep.
The concentration of serotonin in the brain is proportional to the concentration of tryptophan in the blood and the brain. In turn, thanks to serotonin, we obtain melatonin . ThusIt is important that the diet is a source of tryptophan , so that the body can naturally synthesize the ideal amounts of serotonin and melatonin, but for this, it needs the presence of other nutrients such as carbohydrates, omega fatty acids 3, magnesium and zinc.
6 Foods that will help you sleep better
Here we leave you a series of foods to fall asleep:
1. Whole grains (rice, oats , wheat, corn). These are sources of tryptophan, which is essential for the production of serotonin and, therefore, of melatonin. In addition, these foods provide a high content of B vitamins, which are the most helpful in the functioning of the nervous system. They are also foods rich in carbohydrates, necessary for the absorption of tryptophan.
Also Read: How to have nice legs in 8 stages
2. Dairy (fresh cheese, yogurt and milk). These are rich in tryptophan, especially cheese, in addition, they also provide minerals such as magnesium and zinc necessary for the absorption of tryptophan.
3. Omega-3 source foods (blue or fatty fish, such as tuna, salmon, trout, sardines, anchovies) . They contain fatty acids rich in omega 3 . These collaborate by reducing symptoms such as anxiety and sleep disorders.
4. Oilseeds (walnuts, almonds, peanuts) . They are foods rich in vitamins of group B. The deficiency of these vitamins can generate alterations in the central nervous system.
5. The banana. It has a high content of vitamins, minerals and provides the body with a quick energy contribution. In addition, it contains tryptophan that helps increase serotonin levels.
6. The pineapple . It is rich in vitamins and minerals. It also contains active compounds that stimulate the production of serotonin. At the same time, other components of pineapple calm anxiety. If pineapple is taken at night, what the brain does is convert tryptophan to melatonin, the sleep hormone, so its consumption is associated with better rest. It also favors digestion.
Other nutritional tips to fall asleep
It is not only important to talk about foods that can promote sleep, but it is also important that you take into account a series of general measures, and above all, what you should not do :
- Avoid heavy meals
- Avoid drinking alcohol.
- Avoid consuming coffee, chocolate or tobacco before sleeping.
- Do not consume acidic foods before sleeping.
- Dinner between 1 and 2 hours before going to bed, since heavy digestion may appear and as a consequence you cannot sleep.
Dinner proposal that favors sleep
An example of dinner to help you improve your sleep would be:
- First: A salad consisting of cooked brown rice, lamb’s lettuce, tomato, green pepper, walnuts, fresh cheese and seasoned with modena vinegar, oil and salt.
- Second: Baked trout with garlic and lemon.
- For dessert: a piece of pineapple.
Following a varied diet made up of all food groups and properly organizing our intakes is the best way to keep serotonin constant. The Mediterranean diet is a model of diet to follow, since it is based on eating in a balanced, varied and adapted to the needs of each one.
Also Read; Western Looks you can Try with Langa Voni
Finally, you must remember that there must not be an excessive consumption of these foods, but that everything must be consumed in its proper measure without going over the quantities. In this way, not only will you sleep better, but you will also promote that your diet is balanced and varied. It is important that you know that these foods help improve your sleep but do not have any miraculous effect on our body.. If you follow a healthy lifestyle and also incorporate some of these foods into your diet … Nothing will take your sleep away!