The arrival of summer is already a reality. Now more than ever we want to feel good on the outside. In no time we will start to look kind on the beach, in the pool or even on an afternoon of terrace with friends … That is why these days the great concern begins: “I have to get in shape!”. You wonder how to have nice legs? We have some advice …
We take the miniskirts and shorts out of the closet again. Legs are one of our great headaches. At least, if you don’t read this article. How to have nice legs? Because we do not want the good weather to catch us without dreamy legs. So we are going to offer you the best tips and techniques to achieve this.
An adequate food and some sportare the keys to having beautiful and well-toned legs. You have to change your daily habits. We also advise you to take a draining product to eliminate swelling and decrease fluid retention. We assure you that in a few weeks you will be able to wear more beautiful legs under your dresses. If you don’t know where to start, try choosing the sport that best suits you.
1. The diet to get nice legs
Table of Contents
To have beautiful legs, it is essential to have a balanced diet. A bad eating habit not only favors the appearance of cellulite, but can also lead to being overweight. You have to eat everything, but the ideal is a ratio around:
- 50% complex carbohydrates,
- 30% protein,
- 20% healthy fats.
As for the quantities, they must be adapted to the needs of each person. That corresponds to 1500 calories a day for a woman who does not play sports and about 2000 calories for those who do. The contributions must be limited:
1. In saturated fats: – sausages,
- fatty meats …
2. In sugars
3. In salt
- ready meals,
- salted …
We must also moderate the consumption of alcohol and tobacco. Do not forget to drink plenty of water , during and especially outside meals: at least 1.5 to 2 liters. It helps drain the body. So if you don’t do it for your legs, do it at least for your health! Surely these foods for a detox cure help you achieve this.
2. Foods for beautiful legs
To lead a balanced diet it is important to know which nutrients are the most suitable and indispensable for our body. A correct selection of nutrients is key to achieving beautiful legs, but … What are they? Which foods belong to the correct food group? These are some of the essential nutrients for health and, above all, for the aesthetics of your legs. Try to include them in your diet!
Also Read: The biggest mistakes after doing sports
1. Vitamin E.
This powerful antioxidant helps fluidize the blood and reduces the risk of thrombosis. It is mostly found in
- oleaginous fruits (almonds, walnuts …)
- vegetable oils (olive, sunflower, walnut).
These substances in the polyphenol family fight inflammation, fluidize the blood, stimulate venous contraction, and strengthen vascular walls. They’re in:
- forest fruits (blackberries, raspberries, blueberries) ,
- the skin of the fruit,
- the spinach,
- the tea.
Thanks to its draining effect, it prevents salt storage and tissue swelling. Is found in:
- apricot apricots,
- the almonds,
- the asparagus,
- the banana,
- the watercress,
- the spinach,
- the bird liver,
- the dandelion,
- the pears,
- The apples
4. The vitamin C .
This antioxidant is essential for the manufacture of collagen. It is essential for holding the tissues. Is found in:
- the fruits
- fresh vegetables.
To start a diet it is best to try low calorie foods. Do you know which ones they are?
3. Sports to tone your legs
How to have nice legs? It is no secret, you have to do sports , but not just anyone. With exercise the calf muscles are strengthened and blood circulation is improved. Therefore it is essential to move. You have to walk at least 30 minutes a day and do 3 hours of sports activity a week. There are always activities adapted for the legs that will help you achieve your goal.
The most recommended sports to tone your leg muscles
- the March,
- the bike
- the running
They are the star sports: they tone the leg muscles, helping to slim the figure.
Others just as recommended are
- the dance (you choose: flamenco, salsa, or even zumba and aerobics) where you train your legs almost without realizing it;
- swimming, one of those beneficial activities suitable for everyone.
The least recommended sports We
include the sports that have the least impact on the legs, such as:
- indoor ball sports, where the upper body trunk is the main protagonist.
And although all sports are welcome, if you want to tone your legs, we have no choice but to also exclude combat sports, rowing, and all those activities that we would recommend to tone your arms.
Also Read: Intermittent fasting for beginners
4. Specific exercises for beautiful legs
There are no excuses for not having perfect legs. If the gym is not your thing or you do not want to pound yourself by running every day, here we offer you a series of easy exercises. You can do them at home or outdoors. It will only take a few minutes. Of course, you must be constant if you want to see results in a short time.
Specific exercises for perfect legs
1. Remain standing with your back straight and without arching your body. Swing your right leg from front to back.You don’t have to raise it too high. Think at an angle to the other leg of about 45 degrees. While doing the exercise, squeeze your abs. Then do the same with the left. Start by doing 10 movements with each leg the first day, gradually increasing to 30.
2. Get into all fours, with your knees touching the ground. Keep your back very straight and perfectly horizontal. Bring your leg back, stretching and lifting at the same time. Pick up the leg and do the movement 10 times in a row. Repeat the exercise with the other leg. Increase repetitions progressively over the days.
3. Remain standing with your legs slightly apart. Put your hands on your hips for balance.Fold your right leg up as far as possible. Keep your back straight and your glutes tight. Leave your belly tucked in. Perform a series of 10 movements on each side. You see the repetitions going up little by little.
And if you want to exercise your legs in just four minutes a day, try the Tabata method . We explain how to get it in an explanatory video! Create your training routine. If you don’t know where to start you can get inspiration from this one.
5. How to activate the circulation of the legs
In addition to food and sports, we can improve our legs with beauty tricks. In this sense, your greatest ally will be cold water.
– Improves blood circulation.
– Stimulates the tissues.
– It performs an exfoliating effect that eliminates dead skin.
– It causes vascular contraction (which allows to cure or avoid varicose veins),
– helps to achieve firmer, younger and healthier skin, among other benefits.
Therefore, here are some tips to stimulate your legs with cold water wherever you are.
- Under the shower
Slowly run a stream of cold water 10 centimeters from your skin. From the toes to the knees, and then down again to the ankles. Repeat it every time you shower.
- In the bath
Sit with your legs stretched out. Run a stream of water from your ankles to your buttocks. Wait until the water completely covers your thighs or better, even when the water reaches the waist. Stay a few minutes in the water or until you can’t take it anymore.
- On the beach
Walk by the sea with the water at the ankles, knees or thighs, as you feel best. This exercise has numerous benefits for the legs: cold salty water relaunches circulation and tones the tissues. The movement made in the water performs a beneficial massage.
6. Leg massages
Massages not only help improve leg circulation but are also good for toning. Ideally, massage your legs daily. Just get out of the shower! Here we leave you three massage ideas. Although you can do it only with your hands, we recommend you use some cream or body oil to facilitate and smooth movements.
Also Read: Homemade Anti Aging Face Packs
1. To stimulate the lymphatic system and blood circulation –
- Start with a smoothing motion from the ankles to the thighs.
- Place both hands on each side of one leg (repeat 5 times).
- Massage all over the thigh, insisting on the top and sides.
- Smooth the thigh from the knee up with both hands.
- Tap lightly with your fists not too tight on the outside of your thighs.
- Perform circular massages around the knees with your fingers together.
Massage your calves with both hands, stretching the muscle back. It ends with smoothing movements everywhere as at the beginning of the massage. Go to the other leg to do the exact same thing.
2. To get firm thighs
- Make movements that go back from the knees to the hips.
- Place both hands stretched out on either side of the thigh with your thumbs on the thigh and the other fingers on the side of the legs to encompass the entire thigh well.
- Repeat the movement from top to bottom several times and move to the next leg.
3. To sharpen the knees
- The movements are made on both sides of the kneecap.
- Press upwards with your thumbs following the contour of the kneecap.
- Then make small spirals from the bottom up, around the knee.
7. Recommendations for day to day
Habits and daily routine influence your body and, of course, your legs. You are what you eat but also what you drink, what you sleep and what you move. That is why it is important to acquire healthy habits and pamper your body as much as possible. We tell you some little tricks to take care of your legs in your day to day.
1. at work
- Take a small stool or support to elevate your legs if we spend many hours in an office.
- It is also important and very easy to make circular movements in the ankles every two hours, so that we activate circulation.
Another tip is that if you sit for a long time:
- Get up for a walk every two hours: go to the bathroom, get a glass of water …
- Think that our body is not prepared to sit all day, it is biologically unnatural, so we must try to stretch our legs from time to time.
2. At home
If we are at home we can also follow some simple guidelines to help the circulation of the legs. You can try a leg and foot bath with warm or cold water and salt, as we told you on previous pages. Thus, in addition to activating circulation, it will relax you.
Another very easy trick to include in the routine is at bedtime, we should try to do it with the legs higher than the heart (something slight, about 12 cm) by raising the bottom of the mattress with a cushion or a hard cushion.
3. On a trip
- Make stops every two hours to stretch your legs and walk around a bit.
- On the train, he walks regularly.
- Wear support stockings when traveling by plane.
- If you have a choice, opt for an aisle seat to make getting around easier.
- Speaking of travel, since you are organizing your summer, try a city or town that you can kick from top to bottom. I mean
It is an ideal way to get a toned legs, huh? Here are a few proposals …
Also Read: Natural Tips For Glowing Skin
8. What to avoid to have beautiful legs
Just as there are things we must look for to have beautiful legs. There are certain habits in our daily routine that we can avoid . For example, something as simple as our way of dressing can influence the legs. We must avoid too tight clothes and high-heeled shoes or on the contrary, too flat.
In addition to the “heels”, another thing that characterizes us women is sitting cross-legged. This is another point that we must also avoid. It causes the circulation to be cut off. It is negative for the veins behind the knees. So you know, better one leg next to the other!
If our goal is beautiful legs, we mustavoid elevators and escalators. The ideal is to go up and down the stairs yourself. This strengthens the leg muscles.
In addition to avoiding these day-to-day situations, we also have to try to escape from very hot environments. Heating, air conditioning and prolonged sunbathing, these factors make blood circulation worse. Have you taken note of all these tips? Put them into practice and be the envy of everyone this summer! How to have nice legs? You already know everything!